"Run To" feature on method canvas

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

"Run To" feature on method canvas

Unread post by CathyC »

feature request: "Run To" as an option of a specific service. it will run until that service is done, but then stop. Currently would have to check it out, disconnect the arrow right after the service, then click run.

this would help a lot because run in step doesn't work for a bunch of features so it would allow Run to work without having to worry about running the full process (which may send an email or save a record which is undesirable for only testing)

cases when run in step which it not useful:
-Save to db
-Loops
word count: 100

Tags:
CathyC

Re: "Run To" feature on method canvas

Unread post by CathyC »

A new icon can be added to the top next to the runinstep and run buttons.
it would require that only one service is selected at a time

I noticed that I am able to select multiple service and run in step too. I think it should warn the user that there can only be one selected to run in step too

this runs the risk that I click "run to" a certain service, but the way the method runs it never hits that service. in this case the whole method would run accidentally. I think this is okay though, it'd be understood that you would take care to notice the possible paths it could run down
word count: 118
steve.sakhnini

Unread post by steve.sakhnini »

Task #10174 has been create for this request, this post will be updated once it is implemented.
word count: 17
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This feature has been implemented as of DesignTime Revision 2307 and RunTime Revision 989.
word count: 14