OpenWindow Parameter Value

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
shalomsims

OpenWindow Parameter Value

Unread post by shalomsims »

I am passing a parameter GDTXKY into an OpenWindow service. A typical value for this parameter looks like '12345|CL|1.000'. The value being passed does not seem to handle the '|' symbol correctly.
Attachments
The OpenWindow service XML with a parameter GDTXKY passing a string to another widget.
The OpenWindow service XML with a parameter GDTXKY passing a string to another widget.
The string value before being passed to the OpenWindow service.
The string value before being passed to the OpenWindow service.
Logs showing the value of the string being passed as a parameter to the OpenWindow event in js
Logs showing the value of the string being passed as a parameter to the OpenWindow event in js
The string value received by the widget.
The string value received by the widget.
word count: 34
shalomsims

Re: OpenWindow Parameter Value

Update I tried a fix where I pass in the values needed to create the key as two separate strings and add the special character later and this as the result. The two string should be '191356' and 'CL'.

The results showed everything but the capital L. To test if the 'L' was causing the issue, I passed just the letter 'L' as the string value and no value was passed to the widget. I thought it was the '|' symbol but turns out it doesn't like the 'L'?
Attachments
Attempt at passing the two portions of the strings separately
Attempt at passing the two portions of the strings separately
The L is missing from GDTXKY2
The L is missing from GDTXKY2
Attempt at passing just an L
Attempt at passing just an L
No value received by the widget
No value received by the widget
word count: 89
SteveCap

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task #11503 has been created to fix this issue.
word count: 9
shalomsims

I think I remember someone mentioning a change being made in regards to this issue. Instead of it breaking after a specific character now, the last character in the string gets lost.

The current work-around I have in place is to append ".00" to the parameter before it is passed to the the widget and then user subtring-before({paramvalue},'.') to convert it back to the right format.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 123420.png
Screenshot 2023-07-19 123532.png
word count: 69