Cant Bring Output 2 Levels Up

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Cant Bring Output 2 Levels Up

Unread post by CathyC »

In base EC MVC we have a page, SingleList, which has this setup:

Model -> ListItems Submethod -> GetECListItemRecords Method

In the method, is the inquire against the db to get the results for the list. It is done this way so that everywhere list items are displayed use the same logic to retrieve from db since it can get a little complicated and could possibly be done wrong in one location, so this protects against that.

The method has an inquire that returns the results
That service is targeted as an output is brought a level up, to the submethod. Here it is called "ListItems"
The model targets that brought up output as if it were a service in the submethod. When it does this, it calls it "Items"
The View has a list on it to display the data and it references "Items" from the model.

This all is working to display on the page:
image.png
But EASYProcess cant build the recommended values when we are referencing an output node brought up twice.
See here in the Model Assistant tab where we can see that "Items" exists, but it wont load the values below it.
image.png
1) ListItems Submethod 2) the output called "Items" brought up from the ListItems submethod
It returns an error when trying to load the node structure below "Items"
Entity with type: ProcessCanvasObject cannot be loaded. Id requested:PCN-10013029,SUBMETHOD-10000154,VIEW-10000136, Application:EASYCommerceMVC (LogId: 1c6b94da-b5cb-4040-b1c7-fc6e1b853abb)

And on the View canvas, when we would want to load that node tree to drag in and create a list from it, it wont show
image.png
Circled is the "ListItems" submethod. I underlined to show that other values brought up as output will show. The difference is that they are not brought 2 levels up

I was working on this with Filip so he could show this example on the canvas if needed
word count: 317

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Cant Bring Output 2 Levels Up

Unread post by SteveCap »

I have created task 11480 to discuss this.
word count: 8