ReadUpdateDatabaseRecords Update/Insert/Delete changes order

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

ReadUpdateDatabaseRecords Update/Insert/Delete changes order

Unread post by CathyC »

The ReadUpdateDatabaseRecords page can be used to download a template to perform an update/insert/delete, but the templates look different with columns in different order. It should be the same order as the file you get when you clicked the download icon in the top area of the page

I wanted to move db records from DV to QA. To do this I would like to:
  1. go to QA, download the Delete template
  2. in QA, download the records that already exist in the table
  3. copy the column for the primary key from that excel, paste into the delete template
  4. upload the filled in delete template. records deleted! :)
  5. in QA download the insert template
  6. go to DV, download the records already existing in that table
  7. copy over the entire body of the file from the DV table and paste in the QA insert template
  8. Upload the filled in insert template. Records inserted! Now QA db records match DV :D
The problem is with the highlighted step. They have the columns in the wrong order so that step is hard

Suggestion: Can the templates and the csv/excel download button all provide the table with the columns in the same order?
word count: 199

Tags: