Duplicating Widgets and PK Constraint Issue

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
shalomsims

Duplicating Widgets and PK Constraint Issue

Unread post by shalomsims »

When I duplicate a widget, sometimes (I cannot determine what makes this occur) I get a pk constraint error on the SubMethod or Loop. I understand that we cannot create two submethods/loops with the same ID (PCN-xxxxxx) which I assume is happening when duplicating but that seems like what might be happening.

Also, when attempting to duplicate a widget, the message says that the statement was terminated but it actually does duplicate the widget. Everything gets duplicated except the services in the model and controllers. They are empty. The parameters, events, and controls in the View are all there but there are no services in the Model or Controller. There has been a case where the View was not there, but I have not been able to recreate that.

As part of this issue, when promoting a widget from QA to PD, an error is thrown sometimes for SubMethods and Loop services with a duplicate pk. The temporary solution for this is deleting the service and recreating it again. This is also the solution for the former issue
Attachments
Duplicated widget with missing Controller and Model services.
Duplicated widget with missing Controller and Model services.
Widgets are duplicated but are missing parts.
Widgets are duplicated but are missing parts.
Error promoting widget to PD
Error promoting widget to PD
Error duplicating widget
Error duplicating widget
word count: 180

Tags: