Widget Rename Bug

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
mollydunn

Widget Rename Bug

Unread post by mollydunn »

In doing the WidgetAdvanced control documentation, i ran into a small bug with renaming a widget.

A widget "ControlProperty" (VIEW-11000022) already existed, and I changed the name to "BookstoreList" using the "Edit View Name" button on the View Canvas. The Name of the widget appears as "BookstoreList" from the view canvas, developer workbench, and the Webpages/Widgets/Templates page.
image.png

When setting the WidgetAdvanced control "WidgetName" property and using the helper icon to open the WidgetName window, the name of the widget still appears as "ControlProperty". However, double clicking and/or selecting "ControlProperty" and using the Save and Close button does set the parameter to "BookstoreList", only the view in the popup window appears with the old name.
image.png

I also noticed when trying to change the developer from the developer workbench, the "Object Name" field is blank.
image.png

I did type "BookstoreList" manually into the "WidgetName" property and it does correctly render on the page. whereas using "ControlProperty" results in an error because the widget with that name no longer exists
word count: 170

Tags: