OpenWindow Questions

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

OpenWindow Questions

Unread post by JefferyD »

For the OpenWindow service, I had some questions about a few of its service parameters.
  • Does WebPartId do anything anymore? Can it be removed or is there a legacy reason why it still exists?
  • Setting Title does not seem to set the title of the opened window, what is it intended to do?
  • What does FriendlyUrl do and how is it different from WidgetName or WindowUrl?
  • In WindowParameter, what is the "resizable" parameter supposed to do, as well as "top", "left", and "status"?
Additionally, I found a couple bugs with it.
  • When WindowMode = "NewWindow" and EncryptQueryString = "True", the window opens to an error page.
  • When WindowMode = "NewWindow" and EncryptQueryString = "False", the value for the last query string is missing the last character.
  • OpenWebPartWindow seems to accept either "True" or "False", but no "Valid Values" show up for it in the assistant panel.
word count: 142

Tags:
JefferyD

Re: OpenWindow Questions

Unread post by JefferyD »

Discussed with internal team and got some clarifications:
  • WebPartId: Deprecated and should not be used. Will eventually be removed.
  • Title: Does not currently work but will eventually be fixed to override the window title unless blank.
  • Friendly URL: A custom page name to show in the URL that combines and hides the real page name and query strings used behind it.
    • Going to the friendly URL will then use the real page name and previously defined query strings behind the scenes.
  • WindowParameter: Currently only "width" and "height" are functional. This will be reevaluated and made more intuitive.
word count: 97
CathyC

Re: OpenWindow Questions

Unread post by CathyC »

Forum Post viewtopic.php?t=276 is related to this

Task #11147 was entered to track this request
word count: 18