Format Service Questions

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

Format Service Questions

Unread post by JefferyD »

I was finally able to get a working example, but I still have some lingering questions about the Format service.

image.png
  1. Is there a reason for multiple "Object" service parameters? It seems like they are for string type formatting, but they don't seem to do anything for any of the other types even though adding more is still allowed.
  2. The "Object" service parameters is also where the type is defined. Is there a case when using a different type across sibling "Object" service parameters makes sense?
  3. Adding and removing service parameters seems to be a little slow compared to other services. Is this common or is it just my instance?
  4. Can support for CSV edits or static/dynamic tabs be added to its service parameters? Currently, there's no way to dynamically configure the Format service like what can be done for other services.
word count: 144

Tags: