audit record on user maintenance actions in ide

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

audit record on user maintenance actions in ide

Unread post by CathyC »

ide logs arent on by default and I assume we dont want to just turn them on for all the applications cause they were off by default for a reason.
we are getting requests from live applications and even our product base one which has 5 developers working on it to find things like "who deleted this user?" and "who removed my authorization type?"

right now the solution is to turn on ide logs and if it happens again we will be able to find the root cause
word count: 88
SteveCap

Re: audit record on user maintenance actions in ide

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task #10967 has been created to add in the audit fields.
word count: 11
CathyC

Re: audit record on user maintenance actions in ide

Unread post by CathyC »

I had a good example today where this would be helpful

I was working in an install where SSO users logging in to the application have to click login twice because a user exists with a blank userid that is messing with the logic. This has happened last year too, but we assumed it was IDE users improperly setting up users.

Now we shouldn't have had any IDE user maintenance needed but the blank user is back in all 3 environments. If we had audit fields we could look to see when this user was created/updated and check if we have logs from them to investigate how it was created.
word count: 112