5.1 MVC Loop Service Assistant Path

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
shalomsims

5.1 MVC Loop Service Assistant Path

Unread post by shalomsims »

I am replacing a ForEach Loop service with a Loop Service and I needed to iterate the loop on a set of merged results (called Item) as shown.
My Loop Service iterates on Items/Output/Result which can return one or many results containing item details.
My Loop Service iterates on Items/Output/Result which can return one or many results containing item details.
Multiple merges are appending data to the Items CreateServiceNode
Multiple merges are appending data to the Items CreateServiceNode

A few of the issues are common like having to reload the assistant tab a few times to get the _LoopNode dropdown to not disappear. I've learned that if I refresh it once or twice then wait patiently that it will stay and I can use it to easily add paths.

The big I am having is that since the LoopService is iterating on a merged set of results, the path the assistant creates becomes an invalid one by inserting numbers as part of the path. Because there are multiple merges, I understand that the assistant has to create a result for each one. But I'm not sure what a solution could be. I am currently assuming that if I just type the path name that I want, that I can will get the results that I want back and hopefully the right copy of those results from the merge.

Here I have the two paths generated by the Assistant that are returned because of all the different merge services.
Here I have the two paths generated by the Assistant that are returned because of all the different merge services.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-04 132738.png
word count: 227

Tags:
CathyC

Re: 5.1 MVC Loop Service Assistant Path

Unread post by CathyC »

I summarized the bugs from Shalom's post above. I'm not sure if they are still happening

Small Bug: when the LOOP canvas is opened, the left panel showing the assistant tab will not load the _LoopNode

Large Bug: When the _LoopNode does load within the LOOP canvas, if I drag in a node that says "(From Merge: [servicename] )", the XPath that is dragged in looks like:
WorkData/_LoopNode/Workdata/Items/Output/Result/1
When I expect it to be:
WorkData/_LoopNode/Workdata/Items/Output/Result/LineItemId
word count: 88