Services Shift When Moving Multiple

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

Services Shift When Moving Multiple

Unread post by JefferyD »

After checking out a source, moving multiple services in a related method canvas will not always maintain the same alignment. Once realigned, they stay aligned until the next time it's checked out again. The direction each service shifts is also not always consistent.

Example
I tried to move the services below closer to the "Start" service. When I did however, the regular services all shifted to the right while the "Terminate" service shifted to the left.
image.png
word count: 77

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Services Shift When Moving Multiple

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task #10734 has been created. This post will be updated when it has been completed.
word count: 15
JefferyD

Unread post by JefferyD »

There seems to be some improvements on this front, but there is still some odd behavior with BinaryDecisions and certain auto-generated services.

For BinaryDecisions, if it has a shorter name, then it always seems to shift slightly when refreshing the page.
BinaryDecisions with longer names and the new "Boolean" service do not show the same behavior though.
image.png

For auto-generated services, the UpdateElement that is included when a new view controller is created is slightly offset from the "Start" and "Terminate" services. When highlighting all 3 services and moving them, the UpdateElement snaps to the other direction.
image.png
I would also like to note that after comparing different logic canvases together that it seems like the default location of the "Start" and "Terminate" services has been shifted slightly to the right now. Their previous location vertically aligns perfectly where the auto-generated UpdateElement is before it's moved.
word count: 148
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

Update: Task #10734 was closed as a duplicate of #11101
word count: 10