Login from canvas screen

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Login from canvas screen

Unread post by CathyC »

Can we have the option to login directly from the canvas screen? Right now, if I open a method canvas, I will get errors:
image.png
Then I need to click this icon:
image.png
which opens a new tab where I will still be logged out, then login from there.

Then I close this new tab that was opened, and return to the original tab with the method canvas.

This has an extra step that seems unnecessary. Also, if I don't close that IDE tab that was opened, I end up with more unused tabs and it contributes to the problem where I have too many tabs open and don't know what they are for.

Can the method canvas have a window that pops up with the login screen in it?
Similar to when you get logged out of a webpage, but you click on a link that opens a modal window. It will open that window, but it just has the login page contents. Then after you login it refreshes to be the actual modal window contents.
word count: 177

Tags:
CathyC

Re: Login from canvas screen

Unread post by CathyC »

There must have been a recent revision that added this feature:
image.png
but it has this bug where now you cant click the krise icon to open a new tab to login. The Unavailable icon shows when you hover over anything but the messages
image.png
image.png (583 Bytes) Viewed 460 times
image.png
image.png (583 Bytes) Viewed 460 times
word count: 57
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

Task #10629 is currently being worked on that is for a fix to this and has a link to another forum post that is related viewtopic.php?p=373
word count: 29
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This change has been implemented as of DesignTime revision 2611.
word count: 10