MVC Set Password Web Page

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
smackie

MVC Set Password Web Page

Unread post by smackie »

I am attempting to use the set password webpage in my application; however it is not updating the password for users. I simple chose to bring in the existing page and haven't made any changes. This is the canvass that came up for the page.
image.png
When I attempt to use the page it allows me to enter a password which is displayed and not masked, then when I click submit the page doesn't do anything.
word count: 77

Tags:
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: MVC Set Password Web Page

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Hello Sheryl,

It seems that the default for the page is not setup properly. I have made task 10510 to address this and we will update this post with the revision and the page XML to override the existing page once it is finished.
word count: 44
JustinVanRegenmorter

Hello Sheryl,

I have updated attached XML for the AppUser webpage, the SetPassword webpage, and the LoginTemplate template for MVC applications. Using the Import From XML you can override the existing objects in your application with these working ones. You may need to build the controllers inside the pages to get the buttons to run.
Attachments
VIEW-10000107.xml
(306.36 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
VIEW-10000107.xml
(306.36 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
VIEW-10000111.xml
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
VIEW-10000111.xml
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
VIEW-10000109.xml
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
VIEW-10000109.xml
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
word count: 55
JustinVanRegenmorter

The template has been fixed for all new applications in RunTime revision 993.
word count: 13
smackie

Unread post by smackie »

Hi Justin,

I imported the xml you provided; however now the page is not pulling in the user id on the page. Thoughts?
word count: 23
JustinVanRegenmorter

Good Morning Sheryl,

If you build the Model for the page does it load then? If not, then take a look at the logs. The UserId label value comes from the service in the Model which is passed in through a _ViewParameter named UserId so make sure that is setup as well.
word count: 52
smackie

Unread post by smackie »

Good morning Justin,

So I checked the model and tried building it again and that did not resolve the issue. I checked the model and it only contains an evaluate service for userid with the value of viewparameter/userid. I do see a view parameter setup for userid, but when I check the logs it is blank. Should one of these be pointing to the config to pull in the user id?
word count: 72
JustinVanRegenmorter

Hello Sheryl,

It would seem then that the UserId ViewParameter is not getting passed into the page. Make sure you go to the SetPassword page via the AppUser page and that you have imported the AppUser page. It was the file called VIEW-10000111.xml

If that seems fine then check the logs for the AppUser page since the page sends the value for the UserId View Parameter.
word count: 68
smackie

Unread post by smackie »

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the directive it worked like a charm.
word count: 11