Database Inquire Service use of Group By

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
smackie

Database Inquire Service use of Group By

Unread post by smackie »

I am trying to use the database inquire service and when I add a group by selection I get the following exception:

System.Exception: ORA-00936: missing expression
ORA-00936: missing expression

When I review the logs it shows that the select statement is missing since I added the group by clause; however when I remove the group by clause the service runs without issue. Is the group by option not working in the inquire service? I did try it in the run query service and it works there so not sure why I get an error when trying to use the inquire service.
word count: 104

Tags:
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: Database Inquire Service use of Group By

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Hello Sheryl, I have created task 10493 to resolve this issue. This post will get updated with the revision number once it is done.
word count: 24
smackie

Unread post by smackie »

Hi Justin,

I just wanted to follow up on this to see if you had any eta on when this might be completed?

Thanks,
Sheryl
word count: 25
JustinVanRegenmorter

Hello Sheryl,

We currently do not have an eta on this issue. You should be able to use the RunQuery service in place of the Inquire service.
word count: 27
JustinVanRegenmorter

This issue was resolved by fixing the query setup. The columns in the Group By clauses needed to be in the results as well.
word count: 24