Loop Through Parameters With Arrays and Strings

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
shalomsims

Loop Through Parameters With Arrays and Strings

Unread post by shalomsims »

I was working on the SaveMethod for a WebPage.

One of the parameters passed into the save method is an array(UOMTable). The other two parameters are just typical strings (RequestId and Status) being passed in like normal.

We were trying to loop through UOMTable for the array values and then pass the other parameters like normal. If we unselect the loop node it reads the xml just fine but of course the array isn't accessed like we want it to be.

XSL being read as a string
XSL being read as a string
Save Controller gets the correct parameter value
Save Controller gets the correct parameter value

I talked with Joe and he suggested to recreate it to confirm if it was a bug or not so I did. It looks like it breaks before it runs though since in the Controller Submethod the Status parameter is already being read as a string.
This is my save event that calls the controller and passes in the status as a constant
This is my save event that calls the controller and passes in the status as a constant
Attachments
Same error
Same error
TestController for recreating error
TestController for recreating error
Last edited by shalomsims on April 12th, 2023, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 159

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Loop Through Parameters With Arrays and Strings

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task #10494 has been created for this issue. This post will be updated when it has been completed.
word count: 18
shalomsims

Re: Loop Through Parameters With Arrays and Strings

Unread post by shalomsims »

Still experiencing the same issue with this bug when passing in an array with a parameter not inside the array into a SubMethod.

image.png

xsl read as a string
xsl read as a string
word count: 28