Archived Apps

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Archived Apps

Unread post by CathyC »

I was cleaning up applications and talking to the internal team on what archiving means. I believe it means:
  • the application can still be used without issue
  • the name of the application is not freed up to later be used
  • the sources can still be opened
  • It can be unarchived later if we need
but I was informed that the first point might not be true because as the tenant gets upgraded, db changes are not made to archived apps. EASYProcess also doesnt record the DT and RT revision its at when it archives it. So we would need to record it in like a notepad and if we wanted to use it again, an internal team member would need to manually make the db changes to get it to a current version.

Can we have the following changes to the archive feature?
these are to prevent creating lots of work for the internal team to find what version its on. Also to prevent a broken app to be used and cause errors.
  1. dont allow to unarchive if its behind on revisions in db version. so its not used thinking its updated when its not
  2. record in EASYProcess what revision it was archived at
  3. Show an "Archived" banner or label when in the IDE in the app to show it is archived. Since functionality of the app remains the same, this should be shown more so developers and users dont get confused
word count: 242
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: Archived Apps

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Task #10456 has been created. We will update this post when it has been completed.
word count: 15