BSFN Service - Method List not Loading

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

BSFN Service - Method List not Loading

Unread post by CathyC »

Using the service BSFN, the method list appears empty.
I noticed in general the lists I open on the left side appear empty for a second before the data shows. So might be taking a long time to load?
BSFN Method List.PNG
BSFN Method List.PNG (189.95 KiB) Viewed 812 times
BSFN Method List.PNG
BSFN Method List.PNG (189.95 KiB) Viewed 812 times
word count: 59

Tags:
steve.sakhnini

Re: BSFN Service - Method List not Loading

Unread post by steve.sakhnini »

Cathy,
This issue is confusing me a bit, so I wanted to explain my thoughts and hope that you can help me figure out where the issue is.

when requesting data for the static values, the tree will show a node labeled "loading data..",
Loaading static value tree.png
Loaading static value tree.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Loaading static value tree.png
Loaading static value tree.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 804 times
if this node is not showing or disappears quickly that means that the request completed in a short time.

once the request returns to the client the "loading data..." node will be removed and the new data will be parsed immediately, meaning that if it is taking too long to load the data to the UI, the whole page should lag.
Is this the case for you?

on the other hand if the request takes too long to return to the client then the canvas will time out and show an error notification that the server did not respond.

so my questions are:
Is the page lagging (not responsive) while it is loading the lists values?
Do you get any errors as notifications in the canvas? or can you see any exceptions in the Dev Tools console?
Are you sure this "Methods" static value should be returning values in your service?
word count: 217
Toyeyemi

Unread post by Toyeyemi »

When the method tree is opened, the page does not lag and there is no error message that is sent into the logs. I believe that the Method should contain static values similar to those found in the BSFN tab that is available when you use the CallBSFN service.
CallBSFN.png
CallBSFN.png (58.53 KiB) Viewed 791 times
CallBSFN.png
CallBSFN.png (58.53 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Last edited by Toyeyemi on February 18th, 2022, 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 65
steve.sakhnini

Unread post by steve.sakhnini »

Timeon,
Thank you for your reply,
it seems that the static values for Methods is not linked to the BSFN Methods.
Task #10149 has been created for this issue, this post will be updated once it is resolved.
word count: 38
SumanPrasad

Unread post by SumanPrasad »

Problem is not that method is not loading. You have to click search to find it. Agreed that this is not intuitive. We have decided to make it more intuitive with search box appearing to begin with. Still under the same task.
word count: 42
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This issue has been resolved as of DesignTime Revision 2299.
word count: 10