Character limit bug when adding ner sources in the IDE

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
smoady

Character limit bug when adding ner sources in the IDE

Unread post by smoady »

When trying to create a widget in the IDE, and adding a long description, I'm getting this error message
Entity with type: MVC_View cannot be loaded. Id requested: Application:PublicLibrary
testwidget_charlimitIssue.png
This bug was caused by exceeding the maximum character limit.
There should be an indication of what the maximum character limit is, an error message indicating that the we've exceeded the character limit when trying to create the widget.

This should be for both the source title and the description.

Other findings on this case: When trying to edit the widget's description after creating it and exceeding the character limit. There is no message concluding if the information was saved correctly or not.
If I try to edit the Widget's description exceeding the limit and save the changes, no message is returned and the new description will not be saved.
word count: 145

Tags:
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: Character limit bug when adding ner sources in the IDE

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Task 11933 has been created to address this issue. We will update this post when it is resolved.
word count: 18