Security Level and Menu Pages

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
AkshayKhanolkar

Security Level and Menu Pages

Unread post by AkshayKhanolkar »

The new way to handle page-level security is via Roles > Object lists. Let us consider we have two types of application users:
Product - This user should see all pages under Product and Inquiry.
Finance - This user should only see pages under Finance.
After setting 'EnforeRoleSecurity' on all the pages we go to the Template where the menu is built. Here we set the HideUnauthorizedEntity to true.
image.png
When all the pages under a main menu item are hidden I expected the main menu to be hidden as well. However, this is not the case. I can see Product and Inquire titles that have no child pages attached to them when logged in as a Finance user.
image.png
Please could the security logic be made such that when all pages are hidden under security enforcement rules the menu titles are automatically hidden as well.

PS: currently there is a workaround where you can use the exits predicate in the Menudata XMl to hide any menu titles that have no sub-pages.
word count: 169