Trouble getting Alert message to show

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Trouble getting Alert message to show

Unread post by CathyC »

I have a button on an order history page that takes the items from the order and adds to the cart.
this has nested methods like so:

Button -> Reorder method -> UniversalCartChange method

The universalcartchage method returns a message about which items were successfully added and which were not. The Reorder method needs to put this in its output so the button can user an Alert service to show it to the user.

When I set it up to do this, the page shows the progress animation while the button is clicked, but then it goes away with no message shown.
I thought the contents of the message were the problem (single quotes, colon character, \n, other whitespace) because I could see the message in the logs but the pop up wouldnt show. But then I copied the message from the logs and put it in a hard coded CreateServiceNode instead of the dynamic value-of xsl reference and THAT worked. I'm not sure what the issue is.

I put this diagram together to illustrate it
Attachments
CP_Reorder.png
word count: 176

Tags:
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: Trouble getting Alert message to show

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Task #10461 has been created. We will update this post when it has been completed.
word count: 15
NathanL

Unread post by NathanL »

I tested this in MVC by adding an invalid item to a list and ordering the items from that list, the invalid pricing alert now shows. This is resolved
word count: 29
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

Task 10461 was closed since this was resolved
word count: 8