Solr Timeout

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Solr Timeout

Unread post by CathyC »

We had a support issue where every page would time out because in the header (that was on every page) it had a GetFacetedValues service that was throwing an exception. Solr was running on a server where it was out of memory because of another unrelated issue.

In the logs we could see it was consistently taking 300 seconds. I assume that is a timeout set somewhere. Can that be changed?

Ideally I'd like to set it up so it tries for 10 seconds, but if it fails, then we just continue on loading the page and dont have the category menu in the header. It would slightly impact the customer experience, but not block access to the site.
word count: 120

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Solr Timeout

Unread post by SteveCap »

Going to the connection manager page then selecting the solr connection there is a variable TCPServerTimeout which gets defaulted to 30000ms. If that is not what is being used then I am not sure where the 300s is coming from.
word count: 40
CathyC

Re: Solr Timeout

Unread post by CathyC »

Thinking through this more, I guess I would want the solr timeout to remain high for the reindex service, but be lower for the Search service and the GetFacetedValues service that would run on page load. Is that possible or do they share the same timeout?
word count: 46