How to User UserAuthorizationTypes, Roles, Object Lists, and Objects

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

How to User UserAuthorizationTypes, Roles, Object Lists, and Objects

Unread post by CathyC »

I have had a lot of trouble thinking about the UserAuthorizationTypes, Roles, Object Lists, and Objects in the past. For a new project I am starting I decided to write it all out to use the feature as it was intended instead of trying to make it work with a previous set up I had from an older version of EASYProcess where that didn't exist and I think I've got the hang of it now.

Here is the breakdown in case it will help anyone else:

User Authorization Types
Name: Customer_Sales
Landing Page: CheckPriceAndAvailability
Menu: CustomerMenu
Roles: Sales
Description: Interested in seeing price, availability, and order history to know when a product will reach their customer.

Name: Customer_Purchasing
Landing Page: OrderHistory
Roles: Purchasing
Description: Interested in order status, what is shipped/backordered, and information on items as it pertains to orders.

Name: Customer_AR
Landing Page: InvoiceHistory
Roles: Finance
Description: Interested in seeing invoices, how much is owed, and order details as it pertains to invoices.

Name: CustomerAdmin_SalesAndPurchasing
Landing Page: AccountHome
Roles: AccountMaintenanceCustomer, Sales, Purchasing
Description: Creates users on the account, does user maintenance, and has access to all pages they can see to help with troubleshooting and training

Name: CustomerAdmin_FullAccess
Landing Page: OrderHistory
Roles: UserMaintenance, Sales, Purchasing, Finance
Description: Needed for smaller locations where 1 person does all customer actions and roles are not delegated to multiple people/logins.

Name: Internal_Admin
Landing Page: WorkWithAccounts
Menu: AdminMenu
Roles: AccountMaintenanceAdmin
Description: The internal user who creates CustomerAdmin_SalesAndPurchasing and Customer_AR (or CustomerAdmin_FullAccess if the location is small enough)

Roles
Role Name: Sales
Object Lists: OrderHistory, MyListsCustomer, Catalog

Role Name: Purchasing
Object Lists: OrderHistory, MyListsCustomer, Catalog

Role Name: Finance
Object Lists: Finance

Role Name: AccountMaintenanceCustomer
Object Lists: AccountMaintenanceCustomer

Role Name: AccountMaintenanceAdmin
Object Lists: AccountMaintenanceAdmin

Object Lists
Object List: Catalog
Objects: Catalog, ItemMainPage, ItemQuickView, CheckPriceAndAvailability, ProductLookup

Object List: OrderHistory
Objects: OrderHistory, OrderDetails, SendInquiryWidget, OrdersWidget (shown in default page)

Object List: MyListsCustomer
Objects: WorkWithLists, UploadListFromFile, SingleList, ItemQuickView, ItemMainPage, DuplicateListWidget, AddNewList, ListsWidget (shown in Default page), ProductLookup

Object List: Finance
Objects: AccountSummary, InvoiceHistory, Statements, OrderDetails

Object List: AccountMaintenanceCustomer
Objects: AddEditAccountUser, AccountHome, ShowAccountAddresses, ViewAccountUsers, NewUserSetPW, UserAddressRestrictions, UserShippingAddressRestrictions

Object List: AccountMaintenanceAdmin
Objects: AddEditAccountUser, AccountHome, ShowAccountAddresses, ViewAccountUsers, NewUserSetPW, UserAddressRestrictions, UserShippingAddressRestrictions, WorkWithAccounts, ConfirmDeleteAccount, ChangeUserAccount, UserMaintenance
word count: 383

Tags: