Binary decision returning improper result

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
smackie

Binary decision returning improper result

Unread post by smackie »

I have a binary decision that is returning a false positive response sporadically. The decision is suppose to compare the current logged in user to the requestor pulled from get request service. I noticed that when I look at the logs I do not see the get request service for some reason. The process works the majority of the time but fails occasionally. If I go in and rebuild the service and as the user to try the process again it works fine. This is the flow of the process
image.png
Here is a clip from the logs which shows the model not sure why the get request service in the model is not showing in the logs
image.png
You can see that in the logs though, there is another get request in the controller which shows that the requestor was Bonnie Walton and the logged in user was April Walker see below logs from the same request
image.png
How can I ensure this process works properly each time?
word count: 166

Tags:
JefferyD

Re: Binary decision returning improper result

Unread post by JefferyD »

Looks to me like the problem is that there's a GetRequest service in both the model and a controller. When the controller is ran, the GetRequest service from the model is replaced by the GetRequest service in the logs. There cannot be more than 1 service with the same name in the logs at a time.

At least to help debug your issue, you can try:
  1. Renaming one of the GetRequest services.
  2. Add a CreateServiceNodeFromXml after one of the GetRequest services and copy the GetRequest service's output for future reference.
word count: 92
smackie

Unread post by smackie »

Thank you for the response Jeffery I can try that, but the service is getting the same information both times and this process works fine the majority of the time, meaning the requests are approved without issue and they are following the same path. Here are logs from when the process worked fine and the binary returned the proper false result for the is requestor binary.
image.png
image.png
word count: 66
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Hello Sheryl,

We are currently looking into this issue of the Binary Decision returning incorrect results. Task 10850 will resolve this issue.
word count: 22
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This issue was resolved in an earlier revision. Also, the BinaryDecision service has been deprecated and replaced with two new services, Switch and Boolean.
word count: 24