SortVisibility Column Name Issue

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Joe.Wells

SortVisibility Column Name Issue

Unread post by Joe.Wells »

I recently encountered an error that said something like "character, hexadecimal value 0x0A, cannot be included in a name" and subsequently learned that the issue was with the SortVisibility values.

I encountered this again and figured out what is causing this.

I was using the wizard and adding result values from the inquire........the column names were not populating for me , so I was simply copying and pasting the column names. This inadvertently introduced a blank space at the end of the column name. Which was then propagated to the column name "SortVisibility". I am guessing that column name in "SortVisibility" is built by simply concatenating the inquire result column name with "DESC" or "ASC".

I wonder if this issue would be partially resolved if the result column name was trimmed when building the column name in "SortVisibility" ? I say partially, because I now realize that what I saw the other day was a space AND a x'0a' (LF).

Of course, I realize this is a non-issue if populating the result columns from the table columns..........but they are not populating for me at the moment.
word count: 188

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: SortVisibility Column Name Issue

Unread post by SteveCap »

When using the wizard the column name needs to be a valid xml name because ultimately it will then get used inside of a create service node for the visibility. Valid xml names cannot have spaces or special characters and a few other restrictions. We can trim the values on the build which you are correct would have fixed your issue. We have internal task #11273 for other fixes/improvements for the wizard that is being worked on and should be out next week. I will add the trimming to be done with it.
word count: 94
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: SortVisibility Column Name Issue

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This issue has been resolved as of DesignTime revision 2597.
word count: 10