5.1 Classic Database Keys

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
shalomsims

5.1 Classic Database Keys

Unread post by shalomsims »

I have an Inquire service and an Update service that have Keys that are visible when I look at the service details however, there is no field to edit them. I assume that maybe they should never be edited but I ran into some confusion with these keys. I had never seen them before as I usually look at the fields I have to edit query data. The confusing thing was that I did not know why these services were filtering without a WHERE clause in the WhereClause field. If I was a customer developing, I would depend highly on the fields and not the code as much.

The question is, "Should these be editable?" If so, then this would be a bug. If not, then still maybe a suggested feature.

Not sure if this can be made visible in the fields on the left in the future and non-editable if necessary.
Not sure if this can be made visible in the fields on the left in the future and non-editable if necessary.
word count: 153

Tags:
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: 5.1 Classic Database Keys

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Hello Shalom,

The keys are a deprecated way of filtering with database queries. They were replaced with the addition of the Where Clause node and only show when the whole service is selected and if the service was made before the change. The Where Clause node adds more flexibility to how you can form the query's where clause.
word count: 59
shalomsims

Unread post by shalomsims »

Okay that makes sense. So, if I were to import a service from 5.1 Classic to MVC, how do I change the keys for the imported data manipulation services? i.e., insert,update,upsert, or delete.

So I just have to remake the services? or is there a way to just remove the keys so I can update the where clause without having to remake the services?
word count: 68
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

I talked with Justin on this. the solution is to manually recreate the service. This is a one time effort only needed for services that need to be changed and were created before the where clause revision. This was done to remain backwards compatible for all existing apps
word count: 48