Widget To Widget Communication Guide

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JustinVanRegenmorter

Widget To Widget Communication Guide

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

With the new control events UI setup the widget to widget communication setup process has changed slightly. Here is a guide to two ways to have a open widget return a value to a page.
MainPage.PNG
MainPageCanvas.PNG

Using Event Controls:
  • On the webpage, setup a control to open the widget. This control will also receive the returned value and call the controller to use the returned value.
ButtonOpenWidget.PNG
  • On the widget, setup a control to call an event on the widget and pass the value to return to a parameter in the event.
WidgetReturnEvent.PNG
  • On the webpage, open the widget control event UI and have have it look for the event setup on the widget and call your update controller with it.
ButtonReturnCall.PNG
Using Icons and Return Links:
  • On the webpage, setup a control with the left or right icon and use the lefticonclick or righticonclick in the control events UI to open the window.
LeftIconOpenWidget.PNG
  • On the widget, setup a ReturnLink control. This control will do all the work for you and you just need to setup the the ReturnValue and HtmlId properties.
word count: 178

Tags:
mollydunn

Re: Widget To Widget Communication Guide

Unread post by mollydunn »

I ran into some trouble using the widget to widget communication in the context of embedding the widget into the webpage instead of in a window. I was using a widget advanced control to display a widget on a webpage and running into an issue passing in parameters. The webpage uses ViewParameters for multiple values. To accomplish this I set up the view parameters for the widget (ShowAccountAddresses), and used the advanced widget control to pass in the parameters. The main issue I ran into was due to a bug with the control. I had pulled in the widget control from the list of controls, but when I pulled in the control from the widgets tab instead of the control tab, I was able to set the parameter values properly. The first image below shows the view parameters, and the second shows the bug that occurred originally for me, so the parameters would not set properly. Then, after getting the control from the widgets menu (image 3), I was able to get the correct formatting to set the parameters (imamge 4).
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
word count: 181
SteveCap

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task #10874 has been created to fix the WidgetAdanced control to be able to pass parameters in.
word count: 17
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Using a widget control from the Widget side panel, as Molly noted, will allow the user to properly view and set the parameters for that widget.
W2WGuide1.png
W2WGuide2.png
word count: 26