Batch Job Issues

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Batch Job Issues

Unread post by CathyC »

I have a batch job that did not have the save to db feature. The records in JDE increased in QA and it no longer worked, it hit a timeout
image.png
I checked it out in DV, increased the timeout hoping it would work, but just take longer. It ran and had the same issue, but this one didnt show that it ended
image.png
I hit Stop from the Batch Jobs page, but it didn't populate the end time.
Issue 1: The stop button doesnt seem to be working correctly to populate end time of last run batch job
Maybe there is a bug? If it cant stop the batch job, could it show a message?
image.png
image.png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 304 times
image.png
image.png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 304 times
I figured it was actually ended and started adding the change to the batch job so it had the save to db feature.

I checked back later and saw there were more logs in the history and that it said it had run for hours. This is misleading. I assumed it was because the batch job didn't actually end, but I think it was because I was running services in step from the method canvas.
Issue 2: Running in step shouldnt add to the last batch job history record. Maybe it should create its own? Or throw an exception?

When I was done developing, I thought I fixed it and ran it, but the LOOP reference wasnt updated, so it was looping but not doing anything useful inside
image.png
That was fine, it just told me I needed to update the reference. So I stopped the batch job with the stop button, the end time didnt fill out again. I then fixed it and clicked start, but it did this weird thing:
image.png
The blue parts are from the latest batch job I started. The yellow parts are from the batch job I thought I stopped and didnt realize was still running.

Issue 3: 2 different batch job runids wrote to the same log file Might have just been a one time issue? But I wanted to mention it to take a look if this is possible to happen and fix if needed
Last edited by CathyC on May 3rd, 2023, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 373

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Batch Job Issues

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task #10742 has been created. This post will be updated once it has been completed.
word count: 15