Uploading new translation dictionary

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Uploading new translation dictionary

Unread post by CathyC »

I took the download of the translation dictionary and edited it. I removed a lot of records that were not useful. They had been created while there were bugs in my app that allowed them to be created. Now those are fixed and the records should be removed.
image.png
The download had 2000+ records. My edited version had 600 records.
Now that I want to upload my new dictionary translation, I have to first remove all the records in the table, but that runs into difficulty because:
  • As a typical developer, I'm not sure what table the IDE stores the language translations in
  • If I did know what table they are in, I have to use the "ReadUpdateDatabaseRecords" page which would still be a pain because I would need to specify which ones I'm deleting
I have 2 Change requests:

Change Request 1: On the ReadUpdateDatabaseRecords allow a feature that wipes the table of all records. It can have extra windows to ask if I'm really sure.
Change Request 2: On the upload translation window, have an option to "Import and override" and "Import and don't override". That would clear all records and replace with only my new csv import.
Last edited by CathyC on May 2nd, 2023, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 203

Tags:
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: Uploading new translation dictionary

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Task 10609 has been created for this feature request.
word count: 9