Auto Inline Styling Suggestion

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

Auto Inline Styling Suggestion

Unread post by JefferyD »

While there are not many, there are some instances of auto generated inline styling being inserted by EASYProcess. I'd like to suggest to move as much of that to CSS class selectors as possible so that certain changes don't have to fight against EASYProcess as much.

2 examples I found:
  1. Validation messages are colored and hidden/unhidden using inline style attributes. Moving these to CSS classes would allow changes to the coloring or the behavior of the activated/deactivated states easier. Dedicated classes would also allow easier application of custom styling altogether.
  2. Table td widths are calculated out of 100% and applied using inline style attributes. These could instead be generated in a custom CSS class contained in style tags on the page. That would keep the current functionality the same while allowing custom CSS selectors to override the sizing of table columns without having to go cell by cell in EASYProcess for every table every time a change is needed. There is currently no way to disable the inline styling width, so using CSS for this purpose is not possible.
In both of these situations, this change would not only allow custom CSS to be more easily applied, but it would also allow JS logic to more easily identify these scenarios for when a more advanced/dynamic custom approach may be desired.
word count: 225

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Auto Inline Styling Suggestion

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task #10579 has been created. This post will be updated when it has been completed.
word count: 15