Exclude a word in a sentence translation

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Exclude a word in a sentence translation

Unread post by CathyC »

I have a sentence:

"Sorry, we couldn't find any results matching 'abc 123' ".

and for my case, I could just translate:

"Sorry we couldn't find any results matching:" and append the "abc 123" at the end. This is a sentence structure that lends itself better to translation.
But if I didn't want to do that and instead had something like:

"Sorry, 'abc 123' did not find any results"

I can't dynamically set the text in a label and set the label to "translate" True because it doesnt give me enough control.
Instead I put the text in a createservicenode and am using the Translate service in a method canvas so I can manipulate it better. But still I don't see a way to translate it except whatever is between the single quotes.
This actually is sounding kinda like a language pattern cause the text in the single quotes could vary.

Anyone have an idea what the solution should be?
Last edited by CathyC on May 2nd, 2023, 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 164

Tags:
CathyC

Re: Exclude a word in a sentence translation

Unread post by CathyC »

I talked about this more with the internal team and the solution is a language pattern! I was thinking about it strangely. Usually I use language pattern variables {0} to say its a number, but it is also saying "dont translate it" so that is perfect for what I needed.
word count: 50