Generate New Language

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Generate New Language

Unread post by CathyC »

I have an application that has completed implementing their first language. So now the application has:
English (default)
German

We would like to add 6 more languages, but now the effort should be significantly less. Patterns are entered, the dictionary is filled out with all text that could ever appear on the site.

I think though if I add a new language, it starts with an empty dictionary. Could we have a feature which allows me to add a new language, then it asks me if I want to auto run the existing dictionary records against the new language to create a starting point? Instead of having to use the site in this new language and again load every possible page to populate it?

EASYCommerce has lots of little messages that show when things go wrong and we went through weeks of testing to make sure we got all of them to show and be translated. I'd prefer if future languages could benefit from that time spent instead of having to repeat it.
Last edited by CathyC on May 2nd, 2023, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 174

Tags:
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: Generate New Language

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Task 10517 has been added to implement this.
word count: 8
JustinVanRegenmorter

Re: Generate New Language

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This feature has been implemented as of DesignTime Revision 2325 and RunTime Revision 1002. In order to use this new feature in an existing tenant create a new BatchJob in the Connector application called Translate and import the attached XML over the new BatchJob.
Attachments
BATCH-10000102.xml
(421.09 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
BATCH-10000102.xml
(421.09 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
word count: 44