Missing Time in Method Logs

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

Missing Time in Method Logs

Unread post by JefferyD »

I am occasionally seeing inconsistencies when comparing service durations and the difference of the start times of the service and the next. Can the missing time somehow be accounted for in the end time, or can we have an alternate duration node added to the logs like "PrevStartToThisStart" (start time of self minus start time of the previous service) or "TimeToNextStart"/"DurationFromStartTimes" (start time of the next service minus start time of self)?

In the below example, the FormatDates service has a duration of 2101ms, but the next service didn't start until 6062ms after starting the FormatDates service.
  • In blue, there's 66ms between the end of the binary decision and the start of the FormatDates service. This is fairly negligible and expected.
  • In purple, there's 3961ms between the end of the FormatDates service and start of the CompileEmpDetails service. This is a substantial amount of time missing and suggests that the FormatDates service took almost 3 times longer than is suggested. This is extremely difficult to find and I only noticed it because the durations of the services were not adding up to the duration of the method.
image.png
word count: 191

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Missing Time in Method Logs

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task 11424 has been created to look into and address this issue.
word count: 12