IDE User create Should have option to disable email

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

IDE User create Should have option to disable email

Unread post by CathyC »

when assigning user authorization type you have the option of not sending the email to the user

Can we have that option when creating the user?
For UAT testing, an admin could have a list of 50 emails to set up and then all at once deliver them to one person with the same temp password also set by the admin. In this case there are 50 emails sent to this person. This would make that person want to set it as spam and then miss out on many important emails they should receive.
word count: 94

Tags:
CathyC

Re: IDE User create Should have option to disable email

Unread post by CathyC »

I recently created new users and found that new user create emails were not sent out when the user was created.
so I clicked resend registration to send it out and that worked.

So im unclear if it failed or if it just isnt supposed to send an email.

I think adding a checkbox to send the email, like in assigning an authorization, will clear this up and allow the IDE users to choose the desired functionality
word count: 77
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

I talked to Justin on this.

it does send an email when a new user is created. It has to do this because without the user getting the email and clicking the link to set the password for the first time, the password would not be set.

I think this is still okay because the admin would know this when manually creating the user if they didnt want the email to get sent out.

The times I've heard this request, the plan was to:
  1. the admin will manually set the password
  2. the admin will at a later date come back and click the button to resend the registration email
I think we can add a checkbox that when checked, it unhides some text "Note: without the registration email sent, the user created will not have a password set and will not be usable. To begin using, either manually set the password, or send the registration email."
word count: 157
SteveCap

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task 11421 has been made to implement this feature.
word count: 9