Dev Workbench Suggested View

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Dev Workbench Suggested View

Unread post by CathyC »

I often have many projects checked out and I'm the only developer. When I need to go into a source I look at the drop down of the projects and think "I know this source is kind of related to order creation, but also to the new API we made, but I guess its an email so it could be part of look and feel". All these projects are in QA because they are done and waiting for testing, so I know wherever the source is, it needs to be demoted first so I can make a small change to it.

I now have 3 options:
  • Take those 3 guesses (Order creation, API, look and feel) and click into those projects. I might guess right and its only the one click, so thats why I do this option most of the time. Once I find the project, demote it, and open the source so I can make my change.
  • click Add Existing, Click "Widget", search for the name, and see that I can't check it out because its already checked out under the project "look and feel". I have my answer so I close the "Add Existing" window and go to the "look and feel" project. Now I can demote it so I can open the source and make the change.
  • Go to the menu and go to webpages. search for the source. See it is checked out under "look and feel". From here I can also click into it, but since its in QA, its not very helpful to me. So I go to the menu and go back to the developer workbench page. Then from the drop down select "look and feel" project. Now I demote it and open the source to make that change

I would like it if from the Webpages/Widgets and Methods pages, where it shows what project it is a part of it, it also had a link "Show in Developer workbench" which forwarded me to the workbench with that project option already selected.

I think it would also be useful to have a view of the developer workbench where I could click a "See all my sources" button and I see a grid of all my checked out sources. It would show just like it does within the Webpages/Widgets grid, so it would have an edit link and a label that shows which project its a part of. There would be an added column: type (method/widget/etc) and Location (DV/QA).
Attachments
Dev Workbench projects.PNG
word count: 423

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Dev Workbench Suggested View

Unread post by SteveCap »

Task 11420 has been created to discuss this change.
word count: 9