Custom HTML Attributes

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

Custom HTML Attributes

Unread post by JefferyD »

There are various browser behaviors that can be configured by setting up the HTML in certain ways.

2 examples I've encountered are:
  1. Forcing an input field to only accept numbers, autoadd increment/decrement buttons on desktop, and default to the number pad on mobile devices can be done with the following tag attributes.

Code: Select all

<input type="number" pattern="\d*" inputmode="numeric">
  2. Disabling password managers from autocompleting a password field, which I'm trying to do accomplish because I'm trying to use the password input type to hide input for sensitive information other than a password.
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... completion
Both of these scenarios require custom attributes to be added to an HTML tag which cannot be done on the widget canvas.

Suggestion
There should be a feature to allow custom attributes to be added to a widget canvas control, and maybe even override existing ones for situations where the desired value is not an option. An example of the latter would be the "type" attribute for inputs. "number" is not an available option even though it is a valid input type.

A potential implementation could be an "Attribute" tab to the widget canvas with the control HTML structure in a tree view. Select an element in the tree view and see the attributes that EASYProcess autogenerates. From there, have the ability to override existing attributes with the pencil icon or add new ones that don't show the pencil icon. Maybe this too could be expanded out to allow dynamic values like how control properties work.

Example of a TextBox control
Custom Attributes Example.png
word count: 269

Tags:
SumanPrasad

Re: Custom HTML Attributes

Unread post by SumanPrasad »

Jeff,
There was a task 9557 for custom attribute. I have green lighted that project. When we start working on it, we will also look at your suggestions.
Suman
word count: 29
SumanPrasad

Re: Custom HTML Attributes

Unread post by SumanPrasad »

Jeff,
Your suggestions will be included as part of this feature.
Suman
word count: 12