Not sure how to work with static files

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Not sure how to work with static files

Unread post by CathyC »

I see I have a file checked out
1.PNG
I ran the batch job with this new file and didnt like the results. I wanted to put a different version of the same file with the same name.
If I click on the file from the developer workbench I go to this screen
2.PNG
I can upload a new file in the "Select Some Files" area, but there is no "Submit" button.
I can delete the existing file from this page but cant upload a new version of it.

I end up going back to developer workbench and undoing checkout and checking out the static file again but giving it the new version.

Is there a better way to do this?
word count: 119

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Not sure how to work with static files

Unread post by SteveCap »

There is no submit button because one should not be needed. When you drop the file it should start to automatically upload.
image.png
When it is done clicking the refresh button should refresh the list of files
image.png
image.png
word count: 36
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

Thanks! I'll give that a try next time
word count: 9
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

I need to checkout that file again. In my project I click "Add Existing", and find the file.

Now I see a file upload control and a checkout button next to each file.

First I clicked Checkout, but it gave me a message "Uploaded file must have the same name". I assume this means I should have uploaded a file of the same name before clicking Checkout button.

REQUESTED CHANGE: Can the upload logic first check if a file has been uploaded and if not, give a message telling the user they must upload a file to replace the selected one before clicking "Checkout" button? Then after the logic has confirmed a file has been given, it can then check if the file given has the same name.

Next I uploaded the file of the same name and clicked checkout, but I got a 403 error
Attachments
2.PNG
1.PNG
word count: 146
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

If I go directly to the static files page, and upload from there, I can drag and drop the file in like you showed, but it just spins constantly. I think because I don't have it checked out?
Attachments
3.PNG
word count: 39
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

I talked with the internal team on this. If I go to the static files page and delete the existing file, then from that same page I should be able to upload it again.

checking out the file is only for moving a file between environments as it moves through the promotion path

I did have an issue with uploading my file still though. I could delete it fine but it kept spinning when trying to upload. So that is a bug I think and needs to be looked into
word count: 90
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This file upload issue is resolved in the latest version of EASYProcess.
word count: 12