List Builder duplicate controller/submethod and calendar radio button select bug

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
tzdanows

List Builder duplicate controller/submethod and calendar radio button select bug

Unread post by tzdanows »

List/Grid Builder doesn't check for duplicate controller names
Forgot to include something in my query during the listbuilder form, so I ended up deleting my table and remaking it. But I forgot to delete the controllers and submethods the ListBuilder generated during my first creation of OpenInvoice. Upon creating the new View, I now have a duplicate submethod and duplicate corresponding controllers.

From this I have two observations:
  • This is likely not a common issue for developers. But if this does happen, how can one distinguish between the most recently implemented controllers & sub methods and the prior ones?
  • Should there be checks added to prevent someone from creating a list using the listbuilder with controllers/submethods of the same name? There is a check for the name of the list itself, but if the list is deleted, then it doesn't check for other aspects outside of the name.
Not particularly looking for a fix here as I've already resolved it. I assumed the topmost controllers & submethods were older and deleted those. I'm continuing to work with the hopes there are no other issues caused by that double creation of OpenInvoice. But just wanted to share incase this was in fact a relevant thing to consider.

Small Calendar Widget Bug
Another small bug I ran into earlier this week was that in the calendar widget event field, if you click on model radio button and then click on the event radio button it will select both fields. Not sure if this is the case for all event fields.

As an aside, I'm still very new to posting these forum posts and these minor bugs/interactions I've found. So please, do let me know if this isn't sufficient enough to post on here. Thank you!
word count: 301

Tags:
steve.sakhnini

Re: List Builder duplicate controller/submethod and calendar radio button select bug

Unread post by steve.sakhnini »

Thank you for posting these findings, the forum is meant for discussion of issues and features of EASYProcess, any post no mater how small or large is welcome.
as for the issues you have encountered:
duplicating controllers and SubMethods is a bug, and since the name of the grid/list is unique and the controllers and SubMethods share the name, once the list is deleted if the controllers are not deleted then they should be reused (in my opinion) once a new list is created with the same name, rather than duplicating them.
the same should apply for SubMethods.
Tracking with task #10262
word count: 103
steve.sakhnini

Re: List Builder duplicate controller/submethod and calendar radio button select bug

Unread post by steve.sakhnini »

As for the second issue with the Radio buttons,
Task #10151 was created for this issue.
word count: 16
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

We discussed this on a call and Justin recreated it. This is still happening there was a recent controller change so it only creates one controller, so the issue is not as bad, but still a bug
word count: 37