Viewing Query in Logs

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
CathyC

Viewing Query in Logs

Unread post by CathyC »

when viewing a query in logs, can the <Query> tags not be included in the text panel? I think when selecting a node, on the right I want to see its contents, not the containing tag too. I might be wrong, not sure what other developers prefer.

I had a specific issue with a query where it was not collapsed when the tag was clicked:
Attachments
Query 2.PNG
Query 2.PNG (224.43 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Query 2.PNG
Query 2.PNG (224.43 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Query 1.PNG
Query 1.PNG (382.4 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Query 1.PNG
Query 1.PNG (382.4 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Last edited by CathyC on April 24th, 2023, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 65

Tags:
JefferyD

Re: Viewing Query in Logs

Unread post by JefferyD »

Maybe the behavior should differ depending on if the selected node has children or not.
Alternatively, maybe it should never show the current node tags in the text panel and have a "Copy Contents With Tag" option. I feel like the current node is mostly useful when wanting to copy the XML string of the node itself.
word count: 57
CathyC

Re: Viewing Query in Logs

Unread post by CathyC »

Originally I felt it shouldnt be visible, but having worked with 5.1 classic and mvc for a while now, I have gotten used to it.

I had the mindset that it shouldnt be visible, maybe from working with EP 4.8. I'd be curious to hear what others new to EP thought, but since we hadnt heard any similar requests, its probably okay.
word count: 65