Highlighting Newer Logs Suggestion

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

Highlighting Newer Logs Suggestion

Unread post by JefferyD »

Add a "Get Latest" button next to "Search" and "Reset". The way it would differ is that it would simply reload the logs with the exact same criteria previously used (ignoring any filter changes) and mark any logs generated since the last refresh of the logs. For example, reloading a page and then clicking "Get Latest" could update the log view and bold the text for all the logs made since the last refresh.

The purpose would be to more easily see what logs were generated in single action or group of actions. So I would load the logs, perform an action, click on "Get Latest", and then be able to see at a glance which logs have been created since the last time the logs were loaded.

To achieve this currently, I have to expand the log list to see the "Started" column and pick out the logs with very similar times. This can be difficult in some situations though as the logs are also not even guaranteed to show in the same order within a group (as can be seen with the rows marked with the red and blue boxes). It's easy enough with a simple example like this, but it can suddenly become difficult to manage when there is a larger mix of different log types.
Log Chunks.png
Log Chunks.png (83.85 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Log Chunks.png
Log Chunks.png (83.85 KiB) Viewed 360 times
word count: 238

Tags:
steve.sakhnini

Re: Highlighting Newer Logs Suggestion

Unread post by steve.sakhnini »

Task #10166 has been created for this issue, this post will be updated once it is implemented.
word count: 17
CathyC

Re: Highlighting Newer Logs Suggestion

Unread post by CathyC »

Hi Jeff, looks like task 11048 was also some solution to make the new logs look different. I marked that one with a reference to this post and task 10166 so this forum gets updated when something is done for this feature
word count: 42