ModifyUserSession Vs ModifyUserSessionProperties

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
AkshayKhanolkar

ModifyUserSession Vs ModifyUserSessionProperties

Unread post by AkshayKhanolkar »

I was working on the 'Set User Address Properties' method. In this method, I update the EPusers table for logins and update the user session for impersonators. In the Impersonator path, I noticed 5 ModifyUserSession services. I was able to consolidate these into a single ModifyUserSessionProperties service. There is a required UserAuthorizationType field on this service. What is the difference between these services? and why is the UserAuthType required in the latter?
image.png
image.png (12.8 KiB) Viewed 538 times
image.png
image.png (12.8 KiB) Viewed 538 times
image.png
word count: 88

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: ModifyUserSession Vs ModifyUserSessionProperties

Unread post by SteveCap »

ModifyUserSession only allows you to edit one property at a time. ModifyUserSessionProperties allows you to do as many as you want. The service is typically used for impersonation which usually requires and authorization change so this service takes it in to make the setup a little easier.
word count: 47
AkshayKhanolkar

Unread post by AkshayKhanolkar »

Is there a way to create another service that is just to generally set user session properties and not have to set the UserAuthType?
word count: 24
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

Task 10508 has been created to remove the required flag for the UserAuthorizationType node on the ModifyUserSessionProperties service.
word count: 18
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This issue has been resolved as of DesignTime Revision 2311.
word count: 10