5.1 QA Login

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
shalomsims

5.1 QA Login

Unread post by shalomsims »

When I log into QA for EasyCommerce it seems like the first time I access any page in QA I have to login again.

This is time consuming having to login in constantly but also being prompted to login through Widget windows. I talked about this a little bit with the internal team when I presented a different issue (was not able to login from a widget/iframe because I am using SAML authentication).

Screenshot 2022-10-25 082406.png
Justin suggested refreshing the main page and trying to open the widget again. That worked one time. I'm not sure if that fixed the issue for other pages. I did not access any new pages so I did not have to login again.

Then, Justin made some changes which logged me out (as expected). So this is kind of the work flow of what is going on.

When I log into QA, no matter what page I'm in, if I go to the roles page, then I have to log in again. then when I go to another page, I'm back in the same situation as before.
  • Login after begin logged out
  • I'm back on the Roles Page
  • I need to go to the Object Lists page, have to login
  • I login and it loads
  • I have to load the Add an object widget, it says I have to login.
  • Now I was back in the state as the previous screenshot. the roles page is loaded, when I click a link, it opens a modal window, but that one thinks I'm logged out.
I tried Justin's solution here. I refreshed the page and confirmed I was logged in. But when I click on the AddNewList link I am prompted to log in through the modal window again.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 132947.png
word count: 297

Tags:
shalomsims

Re: 5.1 QA Login

Unread post by shalomsims »

So, I misclicked on attempting to login. Instead of selecting login with "You Network Account", I logged in with the auto-filled UserId. I accidentally used the default customer Paul.Johnson and it allowed that account access to RoleList. Not sure if it should. I know my account has access and it still says that I am logged in after the refreshing the page.

image.png

I no longer am being prompted to login through the modal window (the issue from the previous post). I'm also not sure if now when I click AddNewList if the list is being added by my userid that is still currently logged in or the other customer account. I have not added a list yet to see if that is the case.

image.png
word count: 127
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

So we solved the first issue by setting your SAML user's authorization.

As for the second issue, even though you filled in the user id and password for a end site user it seems that you still used the SAML login as seen by being logged in as your SAML user. The end site user is not logged in and you do not have to worry about it using that account.
word count: 72
CathyC

Unread post by CathyC »

This was a bug where if you didnt have an authorization set, you could login still and see the menu, but when you loaded each page it would first ask you to login again. This has since been fixed
word count: 39