Modal Window Enhancements

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JefferyD

Modal Window Enhancements

Unread post by JefferyD »

Modal windows are a great feature of EASYProcess, but they come with little in terms of being adaptable to a user. Here are some things I feel would make them much easier to configure and be better for users to use. I'm thinking that these would each be configured per modal window.
  1. Add a "maximize" button to the header that would expand the modal window to the full view height and width.
    • Add an "AllowMaximizing" property to toggle the feature.
    • Add an "OpenMaximized" property to determine whether the window opens to a defined size or always starts maximized.
  2. Allow users to manually resize the modal window.
    • Add an "AllowResizing" property to toggle the feature.
    • Add a "ForceInView" property to auto resize the modal window if it exceeds the width and/or height of the view.
  3. Add option to allow multiple modal windows via a "ModalInstances" property with "Single" and "Multi" as the options.
    • "Single" - Current functionality where the modal window is always centered in a darkened view and clicking outside the modal window closes it.
    • "Multi" - Opening a modal window would not darken the view, the header can be clicked and dragged to move the modal window around, and clicking outside of the window does not close it.
      • If "ForceInView" property is enabled, then snap the modal window back into view if dragged partially outside.
word count: 226

Tags:
Joe

Re: Modal Window Enhancements

Unread post by Joe »

Additionally, it would be useful if we could specify the Width and Height of the Modal relatively. This could be set as a percentage of the parent window width; 50% would make the modal window half the width of the window that opened it, etc.
This was a customer request.
word count: 50