Mask Data Service

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
smackie

Mask Data Service

Unread post by smackie »

I am using the mask data service to mask bank account numbers on a webpage. I want to mask it for some users and show for others. I tried to create a separate node for the bank account number and then mask that node, but it is masking that node and the original bank account node. See below screen shots. This is the node created
image.png
This shows how I wrote the mask service
image.png
Here are the logs from when the services are ran showing both nodes being masked
image.png
How do I get this to only mask the maskedacct node and not the AYCBNK node?
word count: 104

Tags:
SteveCap

Re: Mask Data Service

Unread post by SteveCap »

Currently the MaskData service will find any node that matches the text value that is passed in and masks it. There is no way to pick and choose which nodes get converted. We are going to introduce a new service MaskNodeData which will allow you to target specific nodes to mask. We will update this post with an example on how to use it once the service is out.
word count: 69
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

This service has been added as of DesignTime Revision 2384 and RunTime Revision 1049.
word count: 14
JustinVanRegenmorter

Unread post by JustinVanRegenmorter »

The Mask Data Node service is used exactly like the Mask Data service except for it takes in a NodePath instead of text.
Method.PNG
Drag and drop or double click the node value you want to for the NodePath and it should look like this:
Service.PNG
The end result should be logs like so:
Logs.PNG
word count: 52