Merging Application and JDE queries with filters

This forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by K-Rise Systems and, as such, K-Rise Systems cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
asaucedo

Merging Application and JDE queries with filters

Unread post by asaucedo »

The webpage contained filters that would filter down a list based on what the user selected. It was kind of tricky to filter both JDE and application tables compared to just filtering one or the other.

The way I merged Application with JDE queries using filters was by first filtering the JDE queries. From there, I would get all the results from the application tables. Then, using the MergeMultiKey service, I would join the filtered application tables to the JDE tables using the primary key. The result would be filtered down version of the JDE queries joined with records from the application queries. Then, using CreateServiceNodeFromExistingNode, I would using the existing resultant node and filter the application results using XSLT predicates based on what selectors were used by the user in the webpage.

In hindsight along with advice from others, I think what I would of done differently would be to first filter the application tables and get the primary keys of the results that are left. Then, query the JDE table using the JDE filters and the list of primary keys from the application to filter even further.
word count: 189

Tags: